May 31, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012 | Edit Post
The verdict is in! Wines were sipped, oysters were slurped and the people have spoken! The following wines were sampled in a blind taste test to determine the Gulf Oyster's best wine pairing:
1) Terlano Terlaner Classico Alto Adige 2010
Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
2) Foxglove, Chardonnay, Central Coast 2010
3) Joseph Mellot, “La Chantellenie”, Sancerre 2010
4) Uriondo, Bizkaiko Txakolina 2011
Mune Mahatsa, Txori Mahatsa
5) Mar de Frades, Albarino, Val do Salnes 2011
We had two judging pools; People's Choice and Expert's Choice. Our Expert judges consisted of Actor Bryan Batt, Writer Pableaux Johnson, Food Editors Jyl Benson and Daniel Schumacher and Food Activist and Radio Personality Poppy Tooker. The Experts selected wine number 5, the Albarino as the best pairing.
People's Choice went to wine number 1, a Northern Italian blended wine.
A big thank you to all of our participants!
About this blog
An insider's view on New Orleans food from the kitchens of Dickie Brennan's Restaurants.